Tuesday, January 10, 2006

God answers PRAYER!

My friend jethro Adang and his wife gingging felt God's call for missionary work in one of the remote third world countries. After much prayer and preparation it looks like all is set. Until it was found out that they still lack 55,ooo pesos for their airfare. Jethro texted me asking me for prayer.

The thought remained in my heart. Must have been God's propmting to pray and obey. In my heart I struggled, as I always do especially when it comes to asking funds from the congregation. The Chrsitmas season just passed. People are finanancially drained, and its not time for this. To settle things in my heart I prayed to God silently that if the heaviness in my heart is still there before we end the 7am service I will now sound off for help. i already closed in prayer when finally i said jethro needs our help will you listen to God on how you can be a part of this work. Then the worhsip service ended.

For me it was a sacred moment of seeing God answer prayers. i remember the awesome sight of seeing people saccrifially and yet joyfully responded. Some emptied their wallet and gave for jethro's plane ticket. By the way i did not mention how much money was needed. Maybe I was embarassed of the idea. it was an awesome sight to see God answer prayer and His people obeying Him. a lady gave her dollars saving $69 dollars, an American missionary gave the last 500 pesos. Im humbled by the sight of this, Im grateful the Lord allowed us this experience.

A coke in can full of coins was also given for mission. Counting everything it all amounted to 62,000 pesos! I can remember the overwhelming joy all over Jethro's face mixed with tears of gratitude giving glory to God who answers prayer! Thank God im alive to see these things unfold! I can't wait til Sunday to tell God's people in our churhc of this miracle!

2 Comments:

Blogger sillyserious said...

amen! God still amazes...

3:01 PM  
Blogger arneltan said...

amen amen

1:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home