Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Week of weakness

I wish all things would all be right and to have fewer mistakes daily. Well, this is not the reality! The more i draw close to God in prayer, the more i realize my perpetual weakness. Believe me this is not just a new phrase for low self esteem. It's a spiritual awakening brought about by fervent prayer! Did i have a bad week? In terms of mistakes not so, but interms of rude spiritual awakening YES!

The activities of this week made me look deep inside me. Though its hard to see things just on the outside (unaware minister like me have a creative way of looking good, giving the impression to others or to one self that all is ok). it's when i spend a much needed quiet moments with God in prayer that i sense and see what's inside. Believe, its an awful sight! God's conviction grows deep penetrating down to the real you. With a helpless sigh i can only cry "Lord have mercy, im weak!"

What's good about this week of weakness is that it made me realize my need of God moment by moment! it is when i consciously acknowledge my need of Christ that in my weakness i begin to see and sense and enjoy God's strenght and God's presence in the most awful moment of my weakness. I take refuge on what saint Paul said "My gracious favor is all you need, and my power works best in your weakness", with this in my heart, I can smile again and face more weeks of weakness, only this time the weak one now learns to cry to the One who is gracious and strong!

3 Comments:

Blogger sillyserious said...

such a mysterious paradox: when we are weak, then we are strong.

im reading philip yancey's newest book, "prayer - does it make any difference." are u coming to manila anytime soon? ill have a copy waiting for u :)

10:49 AM  
Blogger arneltan said...

hi alex cant wait to have the book of yancy. LBC mo na lang? Pls

12:41 PM  
Blogger arneltan said...

hi alex,
indeed its momentby moment his grace, thanks to God it's not hourly

8:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home