Sunday, May 07, 2006

unespected encouragement

I adminstered the ordinance of the Lord's supper tonight. I must admit this ministerial task can really be rountinary. Thank God that He can find a way to bring you out of the rut via an unexpected encouragement. A high school boy by the name of alex approached me and said how the Lord has touched his heart from being uneventful to exciting. He says that he came to church without a goal, but after hearing the message he now has a goal and that is TO KNOW GOD MORE!

The thrill in embarking in this new journey of knowing and hungering for God as mirrored by this young man brought back memories on my own spiritual pilgrimage. I remember how was so thrilled to discover who Jesus to me back then. I recall the same enthusiasm i had talking with preachers. In short glimpse the Lord brought in my heart a timely encourgement though from an unexpected source, that the things the Lord has done through the messages preached is never in vain. To long for Jesus Himself is a new brewing passion in my heart.

My situation is not ideal, im in the middle of a raging storm. Im not even sure when this will stop. I will be hypocrite to say that i have not wished for immediate relief. If only there's a rocket to transport me somewhere else, i will take the first flight! Somehow the Lord is slowly changing my perspective as a i sense that God is changing my longing. Longing to know Jesus more than just immediate relief from the storm. Hearing from alex, made me pause and praise the Lord for indeed He is still the author of these unexpected encouragement.

4 Comments:

Blogger Gypsy said...

Hi Pastor Arnel! Great blog! Listening to young believers share about their journey always brings back memories of our early, thrilling years of walking with the Lord. Thanks for your openness to share about your own struggles. Hope things work out. God bless!! I think you can guess who I am..:-)

9:25 PM  
Blogger arneltan said...

hi gypsy,
Im having a hard time guessing who you are? hmmmp maybe a friend of my brother alex, he's the one who took the pain of making me write a blog. well, thanks for your comment. hope to know you soon
From Pastor tan

12:11 PM  
Blogger Gypsy said...

Hmmm...think--DEC--think--always the wedding coordinator(before) and never the bride...hope you are clued in na!

12:52 PM  
Blogger arneltan said...

gypsy i know you na. a very good and faithful worker of God JOJI Wong!

10:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home