Thursday, January 19, 2006

Great is my helplessness!

The popular hymn "Great is Thy Faithfulness" have touched the hearts of many. Personally it has made a spiritual impact in my life and the ministry. I remember singing that song with tears in my eyes especially that part that says "pardon for sin......" each time I sing that song I remember another song that is so clear in my heart "Great is my helplessness". Actually, it's not a song yet. It is still needing of words and tune and melody. But in my heart it is loudly sung!

I think when we understand and accept our great helplessness only then we can appreciate and take refuge in the great faithfulness of the Lord! May our helplessness lead us to the One who is eager to help. Without maligning hardwork and excellence i am daily reminded that if not for the faifhfulness of God, Im not able to stand my circumstances and that includes my self, the dark ego in my that is only tamed by the gentleness of Christ!

If you happen to read this blog the message is unless the Lord shows us our helplessness the song will be just one of the well loved song. Let us ASK God to show us our true picture without him. May we see how our empty promises and our duty bound service really look like before God! The next time we sing that song may God awaken in our hearts that our helplessness is the road to His faithfulness! Imagine the helpless finding the undeserved help from God! Oh good Lord have mercy on us!

3 Comments:

Blogger sillyserious said...

nice piece :) keep writing...

11:51 PM  
Blogger arneltan said...

thanks for dropping by my blog drugpusher hope you have been refresehed.
thanks alex for your encouragement

10:31 PM  
Blogger arneltan said...

hi drugpusher im thankful you visited my blog your comments are deep

12:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home