Saturday, November 10, 2007

Some thoughts again

It's been some time really since i started to blog my thoughts. Many things happened as in many simple and complicated things. Signs of midlife is one of them. A minister in midlife, believe me it's a tough corner to be in. I guess that midlife madness explains a prolonged silence in my blogging life. Honestly, I find it too complicated to write my feelings. You don't even know where to begin and how it would end. This blog is unplanned believe me. I think we need more unplanned moments to feel that life is not as structured as we have thought or made it to be. Spontaneous moments are refreshing moments reminding us of fresh grace.

Well, i think im slowly, coming back to my normalcy hahhhaha. I have learned the importance of the two choices of life wherever and whatever life may bring you. You either depend or despair. The proud hates the idea of depending on someone, sadly that includes depending on God. No wonder the proud is further caught in a self made rut. Depending on someone is non negotiable, this is one area that choice is not the issue but stubbornness is. From baby's diaper to adult's diaper thats the point, we are not created to be alone, many choose to be alone and lonely. The other choice aside from depend is despair. If we can't depend or won't depend we have chosen despair.

Depend on whom? well I finally learn from what i've been preaching, it is full dependence on God. The word 'surrender" is not just a cliche to me it's a timely word of refuge and rebuke. Fresh and daily surrender to God really makes a whole difference in this life's madness. Humbling and humiliating and yet nourishing the soul, even to blog again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home