Thursday, April 12, 2007

Finally Fun Time

Honestly, it was something unplanned, some benefits of my impulsive tendency made fun time with my three kids finally POSSIBLE! This morning i just thought of taking tim (my youngest) out for a one on one date. After my noon time broadcast we are all set. Changes happened when the two kids wanted to join the fun, hmmmmp on second thought i said jump in, so we were four fun seeking family! This time it's daddy and kids, my wife decided to stay home for some chores.

You will understand how precious is this time for me as a minister. I can't fully explain why most minister are in this plague of others first then family, please pray for us for many like me have become too tired to have fun with the kids! What tragedy! One kids grow without any memory of family at all or their daddy. Finally, almost accidentally we had fun together. Tim and I had a haircut, while the Paul and Shekinah waited. Then we head off to have kentucky fried chicken before seeing a movie at NCCC Mall. I smiled seeing the kids trying to count the people who knew me at the mall, perhaps at the back of their mind a question that ask when will we have daddy alone? Paul candidly commented "i think there's no place where you don't know anybody" whatever that statement meant it led me to think hard.

The movie was "the bridge of therabitia" it was fun, we had large pop corn, i had coffee. I can sense we all had fun. I bought kids some stuff and my teenager a sleeves sports shirt and a shorts each time they say thanks dad my heart swells with joy and thanksgiving for the opportunity to be their and have somehow build a memory. It feels good to be able to make some right things sometimes especially as a dad! Thanks Lord

Moments flies quickly, the fun has ended and back to our routine. Yet in my heart something is buried to stay, that at least at one time we HAD FUN!

3 Comments:

Blogger alex said...

'Light their way
When the darkness surrounds them
Give them love
Let it shine all around them.'

--carpenters 'bless the beast & the children'

10:58 AM  
Blogger alex said...

hi spurgeon!

children indeed are treasures from the Lord!...:)

10:59 AM  
Blogger arneltan said...

thanks to alexes for reading my blog

11:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home